How and when to lodge your tax return
Our professional and reliable tax accountants – registered tax agent can help you lodge your tax return with maximum tax refund guarantee.
- online – this is the easiest and quickest way, you just fill our online forms, or call us, then email to us your documents.
- by booking an appointment or a phone call at our office
- through a registered tax agent.
The Australian income year ends on 30 June. You have from 1 July to 31 October to lodge your tax return for the previous income year.
If you use a registered tax agent to prepare and lodge your tax return, you may be able to lodge later than 31 October. Contact a tax agent before 31 October to arrange this.
Part-year tax return
If you were an Australian resident for only part of the financial year, you may be eligible for the part-year tax-free threshold.
When you complete your Individual income tax return you must include the:
- date that you became or stopped being an Australian resident for tax purposes
- number of months that you were an Australian resident.
We will work out your tax-free threshold using the information you provide.